Video

Van Halen “Girl Gone Bad”

Van Halen is, in my opinion, one of the greatest rock bands of all time. The musicianship of the instrumentalists (most notably Eddie Van Halen who revolutionized the electric guitar and what it could do) as well as the great song writing has earned Van Halen a place in rock history. As a rock guitarist, I really do not know where I would be without this band. Enjoy.

1. I totally agree. Van Halen =Legend

June 25, 2012 at 10:12 pm

2. Yep many imitators from the 80’s hair metal scene but only one original 🙂

June 25, 2012 at 11:56 pm

3. Tim Brosnan

I have to echo these comments as well. Eddie is THE definition of rock guitarist. I can’t say that I’ve taken to the new release so much but classic VH is a regular part of my listening. 😎

July 1, 2012 at 10:20 am

4. Yeah you pretty much can’t touch the first 4 VH albums, the energy is unreal. I agree A Different Kind of Truth has some gems, but overall it isn’t in the same region that say VH 1 or Women and Children are. The band has changed a great deal throughout the years, but at least the guys can still play (still isn’t, at least in my opinion, truly Van Halen without Michael Anthony).

July 1, 2012 at 8:59 pm

• Tim Brosnan

I have to agree with you about Mikey. Not to start a flame war hear but I was always partial to the Sammy years. Just never got into Dave so much. Just give me “Eruption” any day!

July 1, 2012 at 9:37 pm