Video

Silent Hill 2 OST – Overdose Delusion

Thanks to my college roommate at UCLA this year, I am now really into the Silent Hill franchise. I am a HUGE gamer (as I have mentioned before in posts, namely in the fact I want to write video game music), but always tended to stay away from the horror genre. The Silent Hill franchise is disturbing and violent, sure, but there are layers and layers of philosophical questions that pull you along for the ride. The stories are truly enthralling, and make you stare life, even the dark parts, in the face. This track is from Silent Hill 2, which is in my opinion the best of the franchise.

1. Only ever played the original … played, as in hid behind cushions and tried to watch as my sister played. Just hearing a mandolin conjures up memories of this awesomely terrifying game.

November 26, 2012 at 4:13 am

2. It helps to play with a friend who is knowledgeable about the series, and make sure to curse at the monsters! hahaha you still get freaked out at times, but I’m hooked. Played every single SH for PS1 and PS2 minus Shattered Memories. It really is a beautiful, vicious, violent masterpiece of a series.

November 26, 2012 at 4:26 am

3. nice piece of music! The film Silent Hill is surprisingly good, too. I only ever played the original game, but remember it enough to know the film is quite close to it, especially guns being next to useless!

November 26, 2012 at 6:48 am

4. HAHA this is funny you say that because my roommate would beg to differ STRONGLY on that point lol. There are two sects of people who play Silent Hill who responded to the movie. One sect, the diehard fans of the storyline in the games, felt that actually the movie screwed up quite a bit on the characters and overall theme. The other sect, the people who came to play the games because of the movie, believe the movie is awesome. I know for a fact that, at least in the newest Silent Hill movie, the filmmakers took monsters that had specific meanings (i.e. Pyramid-head being the subconscious representation of James from SH2’s torment), and used them in a context in which those characters were absent. This is a raging debate haha.

November 26, 2012 at 9:30 am

• I played the game long before I saw the movie. I never said the film was exactly like the game, I said it was surprisingly good. Which I still feel it is. I have only seen the first movie… the surprisingly good one.

November 27, 2012 at 8:49 am

• Oh no I was just talking generally not necessarilly talking about you. All’s good.

November 27, 2012 at 9:05 am